- Property & Casualty Reinsurance 9M 2014 net income of USD 2.4 billion; strong underwriting result supported by lower natural catastrophe experience
- Life & Health Reinsurance 9M 2014 net income of USD 272 million; continued improvement in operating margin and profitable new deals
- Corporate Solutions 9M 2014 net income of USD 249 million with 23% premium growth and improved combined ratio
- Admin Re® 9M 2014 net income of USD 219 million; strong gross cash generation of USD 615 million
- Capital position remains strong with updated SST ratio of 249%
- Swiss Re’s Board of Directors proposes two new members for election at AGM in April 2015
- On track to meet 2011–2015 financial targets
Swiss Re reports a strong net income of USD 3.3 billion for the first nine months of 2014, USD 1.2 billion of which was earned in the third quarter alone. All Business Units contributed to the result, as well as a 13.3% return on equity during the first nine months. Swiss Re remains on track to meet its stated 2011–2015 financial targets. The strong performance demonstrates the importance of close client relationships and differentiated services in a more difficult market environment.